27 August 2004
8 simple facts about my daughter
1) She's engaged.
2) I suspect it was her idea to have her fiancé request my blessing, so to speak.
3) She owns what she says is the only house in the county that doesn't have a basement.
4) She wears a size-ten shoe when she's not wearing an eleven.
5) Her profile at one of those portal sites, under "Hobbies and Interests," lists the following: "Home improvement and death metal."
6) Her sense of humor is generally described as "warped." (Gee, I wonder where she got that?)
7) She had been given up for dead a couple of hours before she was born.
8) Which was on this date, twenty-six years ago.
Happy birthday, baby girl, you... you grownup, you.
(Addendum: Well, yeah, it's this guy's birthday, too.)