Days of 49
Which is seven by seven, as wrenched from Rachel.
Seven things I plan to do before I die:
- Visit the four states of the Lower 48 I haven't yet.
- Add on to the back of my house. (Mainly, I want a bigger bathroom.)
- Drive the full lengths of US 52 and 62.
- Own every record I ever wanted from 1960 to 1972. (I am almost there.)
- Learn how to get a good night's sleep again.
- Buy a new stereo. (Don't laugh; the one I have is 31 years old.)
- Become less inept at general handyman tasks.
Seven things I can do:
- Produce a decent scan of an LP jacket.
- Beat the estimated gas mileage on most cars.
- Build a PC from a box of parts.
- Write 50,000 words a year, none of them at all connected.
- The work of three people, if my annual vacation is any indication.
- Throw my old 1967 paper route from memory.
- Turn a cracked record into a decent music file.
Seven things I cannot do:
- Watch more than a couple hours of television a week.
- Roll my tongue with any degree of alacrity. (My Spanish is horrible.)
- Watch from the side while someone else drives.
- Swim worth a darn.
- Wedge myself into a sports car.
- Reload a string trimmer properly.
- Let go of some things I never actually had.
Seven things that I find really attractive about the opposite sex:
- Bright (they can be dark-colored, but they must shine) eyes.
- One knee crossed over the other.
- The taper of fingers.
- Curvature in silhouette.
- Knowing one's ideal skirt length (everyone has one).
- An abundance of facial expressions.
- The ability to look really good in really insubstantial shoes.
Seven things I say the most:
- [general F-bombs and variations thereof]
- "Be that as it may"
- "Don't throw things until I finish"
- "What is it this time?"
- "This can't possibly be good"
- "How is it that [name] is still walking around unshot?"
- "She will never want you no matter what you do"
Seven books I love:
- Dodie Smith, I Capture the Castle
- Max Shulman, Barefoot Boy with Cheek
- H. Allen Smith, The Great Chili Confrontation
- Gabriel García Márquez, Love in the Time of Cholera
- Meredith Willson, Eggs I Have Laid
- Allan Sherman, The Rape of the A*P*E* (American Puritan Ethic)
- William Safire, On Language
Seven people I would like to see take this quiz:
It's wholly up to you. I have qualms about foisting these things off onto people.
(Should I rename this "Days of 42?")
Posted at 7:30 PM to Screaming Memes
» Days of 49 from Plum Crazy
You can always use a meme to take your mind off things. Seven by seven. Seven things I plan to do before I die. Visit the town in Austria my father was born in. Go to Angkor Wat. Read "Crime and Punishment", as I've never actually been able t......[read more]