7 October 2005
Spiced up a bit
Erica's Audience Participation regimen:
Give a shout in the comments and...
1. I'll respond with something random about you.
2. I'll tell you what song/movie reminds me of you.
3. I'll pick a flavor of jello to wrestle with you in.
4. I'll try to say something that only makes sense to you and me.
5. I'll tell you my first/clearest memory of you.
6. I'll tell you what animal you remind me of.
7. I'll ask you something that I've always wondered about you.
8. If I do this for you, you must post this on your journal. You MUST.
I duly shouted out, and this is what came back:
1. I love the nickname "Chaz." It's sassy.
2. Standards. Or that classic old stuff that's a little older than "Oldies."
3. As we can see, I've moved on from Jello wrestling to drinks. I'm thinking whiskey. Something sophisticated.
4. I've never seen anyone but Dean actually spew beer through their nose.
5. I'm seeing you sitting in a lawn chair in Dean's front yard. I was all, "Who is this guy?" Hadn't heard you were coming, see. And I've been reading ever since.
7. How did the whole World Tour thing get started?
In answer to #7, it was a combination of three factors: accumulated Wanderlust, which I hadn't been able to work on because of ongoing motor-vehicle issues and low cash flow; scoring a third vacation week at 42nd and Treadmill; and finally, my acquisition in the fall of 2000 of my first new car, ever, which made for even less cash flow but eliminated the vehicle issues.
So, after a decent break-in period, I hit the road. Running.
(I posted this as a comment to her original thread, and decided that it wouldn't hurt to take advantage of #8, even if she did cross it out. Oh, and it's this Dean.)
Posted at 11:27 AM to Screaming Memes
Well, turnabout is fair play.
1. You're a major contributor to my "women in Jeeps are sexy" back-of-the-brain notion.
2. "Don't Go Breakin' My Heart," though you'd be paired with someone other than Elton John.
3. "I'm only having one drink tonight, so I want it to be good." Beyond that, I'm hesitant to name a potion.
4. If I ever get rich, I'm buying Dean some bigger lawn chairs or refinishing his porch.
5. The World Tours are not intended as dating vectors, but there was a point at which I'd decided that you'd be dancing near the top of the Really Good Prospects list. (Until, of course, I thought back on what I'd read on your site, and realized that this was not even slightly likely. No harm, no foul, but I suspect it made for some odd facial expressions at that very moment.)
6. If they ever come up with a sleeked-down koala, that's you.
7. Did you crush as badly (I don't want to say "ineffectually," though that does apply to me) on high-school girls as I did?
Hey, people! How about y'all give Chaz some love? Leave a comment and say howdy. You know you want to know what he's got to say about you....
Yeah, right. If I'm in any way "comment-able", it'd be unprintable. :)
I have to admit I am curious.
Fortunately for me, I know comparatively few of my readers personally an inexorable fact of life when the audience begins to grow beyond the immediate vicinity and the ones I do know can probably predict my responses well in advance. :)