Every hundredth song
Dr. Weevil, acting on that blogdom-wide urge to make sense of one's iTunes collection, has hit on the idea of sorting the titles alphabetically and then listing the last track for each letter.
Why I haven't done the same: I sort my music files by performer, which isn't as useful as you might think, since if the act works as a single, the sort is by first name.
That said, though, I went through the 2489 files on my F: drive (there are others, but this is the core of the collection) and picked out the first, the last, and every 100th file in between. Make of this what you will.
- 10cc: "Donna"
- Art and Dottie Todd: "Chanson d'amour"
- Bee Gees: "Jumbo"
- Bob Rivers: "Walking 'Round in Women's Underwear" *
- Bull Moose Jackson: "Big Ten-Inch Record"
- Clint Holmes: "Playground in My Mind"
- Dead Kennedys: "I Fought the Law"
- Donovan: "Mellow Yellow"
- The Emanons: "Blue Moon"
- The Four Tops: "Still Water (Love)"
- Glen Campbell: "Brenda"
- Honey Cone: "One Monkey Don't Stop No Show"
- Jefferson: "Baby Take Me in Your Arms"
- Johnny Tillotson: "Jimmy's Girl"
- Lenny Dee: "Plantation Boogie"
- Manfred Mann's Earth Band: "Blinded by the Light"
- Moon Mullican: "I'll Sail My Ship Alone"
- Oosik Music Company: "The Cheese Boogie Deluxe"
- The Pointer Sisters: "Fire"
- Ringo Starr: "It Don't Come Easy"
- The Sanzini Brothers: "The Tibetan Memory Trick" **
- Stephen Lynch: "Jim Henson's Dead"
- The Temptations: "Don't Look Back"
- Toni Basil: "Shopping from A to Z"
- Warren Zevon: "Excitable Boy"
- ZZ Top: "Tush"
* A "Twisted Tune".
** This is actually Flo and Eddie, aka Howard Kaylan and Mark Volman, ex-Turtles.
Posted at 2:33 PM to Screaming Memes
, Tongue and Groove
Hey! I never heard 10cc's song, Donna. And I thought I heard all the Donna songs. I queued it up in Rhapsody and it wasn't what I expected.
PS I do tend to sit by the telephone waiting for the phone to ring.