9 April 2006
The Vitamin D test
The idea this afternoon was to drag the notebook outside and test for the feasibility of backyard blogging/sunbathing.
- The Wi-Fi signal reaches just about anywhere in the back yard with at least 11 Mbit/sec. I didn't test out front, but since the house is pretty much in the center of the lot, I'd expect similar results in the front yard.
- Surprisingly high novelty value, at least at first.
- All the usual advantages of soaking up the sun.
- The more sun you have, the harder it is to read the screen.
- All the usual disadvantages of soaking up the sun.
Call it a qualified success for now.
Posted at 5:46 PM to Birthday Suitable
, General Disinterest
That would account for those strange tan lines I've seen lately.
That's funny, I was doing the exact same thing yesterday. Ditto on the screen glare.
Yeah, screen glare always was a problem for me. Add fear of overheating (my notebooks always run hot anyway) and profuse perspiration, and the novelty factor wasn't enough to risk it.