See how they run
The State Election Board is posting to the Web a regularly-updated list of candidates during this filing period (hat tip: BatesLine), and a few things jumped out at me, as things occasionally do:
- J. M. Branum, as he said and as I mentioned, has filed as an Independent for the District 99 House seat, one of six candidates for this position.
- Superintendent of Public Instruction Sandy Garrett lives in a condo.
- Two Democrats (so far) have signed up to face Trebor Worthen here in District 87; I know nothing about either.
- There are candidates as young as 21 and as old as 88.
- Governor Brad Henry lists his address as 820 NE 23rd Street, Oklahoma City. While this is accurate, I suppose, it still strikes me as odd. (Wonder if he puts it on his tax return?)
The filing period ends tomorrow.
Posted at 7:57 PM to Soonerland