For the last few years, I’ve been breaking down the property tax I pay by recipient. The actual tax rate in my particular district rose by 2.84 percent; it’s the highest ever, or at least the highest since the beginning of the County Assessor’s online list, but not by much. Here’s who’s getting what, with what they got last year in brackets:
- City of Oklahoma City: $141.26 [$142.27]
- Oklahoma City Public Schools: $548.87 [$524.90]
- Metro Tech Center: $136.58 [$138.15]
- Oklahoma County general: $107.23 [$110.34]
- Countywide school levy: $36.60 [$37.02]
- County Health Department: $22.90 [$23.17]
- Metropolitan Library System: $45.97 [$46.50]
- Total: $1039.41 [$1022.34]
Note that with one exception, everyone is making do on slightly less than they got last year.
The individual millages for each of these are listed here.