It’s easy to be cynical about blog awards: imagine the Ouroboros gazing into his own navel. (For that matter, imagine the Ouroboros having a navel in the first place.) I’ve picked up a few over the years some of them are hanging on the Backdrop and some of them might even have been deserved.
Certainly Nancy Friedman, the second-smartest woman in the nation admittedly I’ve never met the first, and I’d probably be afraid to earned her Versatile Blogger Award, and she was kind enough to pay it forward in the general direction of Your Humble Narrator. Specifically, she said this:
In a typical week, the sole author, C. G. Hill, might cover social media, automobile tires, basketball, My Little Pony, print magazines, transportation in Oklahoma, women’s shoes, and Zooey Deschanel all with enviable literary skill and brio.
Words like that from someone who makes a living from words well, either I’m blushing or I’m having an amoxicillin reaction.
The rules of the game:
- In a post on your blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
- In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
- In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
- In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
- In the same post, include this set of rules.
- Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs. (Or tweeting.)
Seven random factoids:
- The stack of magazines on my breakfast bar is as tall as I am or would be, were it not subdivided into four substacks.
- Given my limited kitchen skills, it’s perhaps a surprise that I eat out maybe once a week at most.
- There are books in the back room that I have yet to unpack from the last move in 2003.
- I have never owned a television set larger than 20 inches.
- While I have made progress, I’m still entirely too susceptible to implausible impulse purchases.
- I have an amazing capacity for denial, although it usually takes 12 to 24 hours to kick in once the Bad News is received.
- They say the camera adds ten pounds. In that case, I’ve lost seven cameras in the past seven years.
Equally deserving, if not more so:
- Meanderings of Melanie Sherman
- The Sheila Variations [Sheila O’Malley]
- Easily Distracted [Timothy Burke]
- Dr. Boli’s Celebrated Magazine
- All Manner of Thing [C. Burrell]
- Violins and Starships
- Screwy Decimal [Rita Meade]
- Fillyjonk’s Progress
- Bayou Renaissance Man
- Incurable Insomniac [SK Waller]
- Dr. Clare’s Electronicorium Emporium
- Fragments from Floyd [Fred First]
- Ramblin’ with Roger
- Hit Coffee [Will Truman]
- Autumn People
Notifications to follow.