Not wishing to face an immediate learning curve when Twitter kills off the original TweetDeck, I installed the new version on the home box last night. Observations:
- Nobody needs a Reset Password button that big.
- On the upside, they don’t actually reset it until you answer an email link.
- There are lots of keyboard shortcuts.
- I guess I’m used to the old yellow icon; the blue one just looks funny.
- Memory usage seems to be about 40-50 percent less, which is clearly a boon.
- On the other hand, I miss the “via” statements that tell which client an individual tweeter is using. (They were scraped off twitter.com long ago.)
So it goes. #vonnegut