Twitter, in an effort to persuade users to buy ad space, is making some of their analytics available. Some of the stats to report about my followers (777 at last count):
- 68% male, 32% female.
- 85% from the US, 15% from outside.
- 34% from Oklahoma. Next states in order: California (7%), Texas (5%), New York (3%).
Since at least some of those followers are institutional in nature, I suspect they count everything that isn’t explicitly female as male. I haven’t lately broken down those I follow similarly, but last time I did, there was a small female majority.
The Top Interests list is not quite what I expected:
- 57% Business and news
- 55% Politics and current events
- 49% Comedy (Movies and television)
- 34% Business and finance
- 31% Comedy (Hobbies and interests)
- 28% Political elections
- 25% Government
- 24% Talk radio
- 23% Romance (Movies and television)
- 22% Financial news
I don’t seem to draw a lot of sports fans.