Apple says you must not attach unauthorized equipment to your iDevice, and dammit, they mean it:
A man who charged his iPhone with an unauthorised phone charger received a severe electric shock and is now in a coma in hospital.
Wu Jian, originally from Jilin province, had been charging his iPhone 4 on July 8, holding the phone in his left hand while inserting the phone charger into an electrical outlet with his right, according to the Beijing Evening News. According to his sister, Wu suddenly fell to the floor twitching. He remained there until his sister was able to unplug the charger.
This is not the first time this has happened, either:
Most recently, a Xinjiang woman was killed by an electrical jolt when charging her iPhone 4 with a fake Apple battery charger.
So far, Apple has only commented on the case of the Xinjiang woman, saying the company was “deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and … will fully investigate and co-operate with the authorities in this matter”.
At the very least, Apple will send out a copy of its end-user license agreement.