29 June 2007
Posted at 6:59 AM to Weather or Not
- There was in the land of Sooners a man, and that man was upright and noble, though more the former than the latter, and on the sixteenth day of rain he called unto the Lord and said: "O Lord, when wilt thou banish the raging flood-waters?"
- And the Lord heard and replied unto the man, "Didst thou not complain that thine own field last year had thirsted and died?"
- The man bowed his head in shame, for he knew that the Lord spake the truth, and then he said in a low voice: "In this, as in all things, thy will be done."
- And the Lord said, "This is the plan; thou hast chosen wisely in choosing not to mess with it. However, the promise that was made to Noah back in the day is equally made unto his descendants."
- The man cast his eyes heavenward, and said, "I shall await thy celestial display. For the morrow, what are we, thy humble servants, to do?"
- And the Lord said, "Seek ye the counsel of him who cometh from the tribe of England, for he shall keep thee advised."