- Eighty-six percent of all prestige or luxury makes of motor vehicles are driven by people who are not millionaires.
- Typically, millionaires pay about $16 (including tip) for a haircut.
- Nearly four in 10 millionaires buy wine that costs about $10.
- In the United States, there are nearly three times as many millionaires living in homes with a market value of less than $300,000 than there are living in homes valued at $1 million or more.
- Forget the Manolo Blahnik high-priced shoes. The No. 1 shoe brand worn by millionaire women is Nine West. Their favorite clothing store is Ann Taylor.
The first item there reminds me of something once said by the Booth Babe:
We can tell in an instant if you’re really a baller or if you’re a $30,000 “millionaire” that rented a car for the night to try to score some chicks. Pretending to be someone you’re not will get you no love.
That said, I admit to owning a so-called “luxury” car; in my defense, I bought it used.
Apparently I overpay for my haircuts — $18 — though my house is worth maybe $100,000 at the most, and it’s been rather a long time since I bought a bottle of wine.
And given my desire to avoid Penn Square Mall, especially between November and January, it would not have occurred to me to go looking for well-heeled babes at the Ann Taylor and Nine West stores therein. Then again, I tend to buy my own shoes at New Balance, and their outlet in Edmond is adjacent to an Ann Taylor Loft.