About 1974, Frank Zappa put out a minor masterwork called “Stink-Foot,” which is the only song I know that contains the word “bromhidrosis.” From the lyrics:
My python boot is too tight
I couldn’t get it off last night
A week went by
And now it’s July
I finally got it off
And my girlfriend cried
You got the Stink-Foot!
Cristina of Shoe-Tease has happened upon a treatment for your python boots or other shoes, from Calgary-based startup Ever Bamboo:
- Sachets contain 100% natural bamboo charcoal & are rounded at the tip to easily place into shoes, even those hard to reach pointy pumps! They work really well in children’s shoes too :)
- Easy to use: simply place inside of shoe. No need to wet or modify them
- Unscented to absorb odours rather than mask them
- Starts working just after a few hours in the shoes
- Reactivates under sunlight every 1-2 months
- Lasts up to 1 year
- Renewable: when 1 year is up, empty the pouches into soil to regular moisture. How eco-friendly is that?!
If people fear being downwind from your shoe rack — but never mind, let’s not even contemplate that possibility.