Asked for advice by a recent grad who says he’s hauling in 60k a year after taxes but continues to occupy his parents’ basement, Bark M. comes up with an eminently sensible set of proposals:
- Move out from your parents’ house into a nice, upscale apartment for about $1200/month.
- Allocate about $400/month for groceries, and another $400/month for utilities.
- Get some silk sheets.
- Download Tinder.
- Spend lots of money on alcohol and dating. Get laid as much as possible. You’re only young and single once.
- Give yourself about $900/month to spend on a car, including insurance.
- Save a grand each month since an H-1B worker who lied about his certifications on his application will replace you at your tech job.
Some of these, I suspect, were delivered with tongue in cheek.