Swiped from Morgan Freeberg, Ten Things That Have Zero Effect on What the Truth Is:
- Whether people find out about it.
- Whether people agree with it.
- Whether a majority are willing to vote for it.
- How people feel about it.
- How people behave after someone says it out loud.
- Whether someone with public visibility is compelled to apologize for saying it.
- Whether advertisers bail in the wake of a boycott after it gets said.
- Whether or not it’s polite to say it around children.
- Whether or not it would make a good movie.
- How it will or will not play out, with “the [insert name here] community.”
These would seem to be obvious; but if they were, there’d be no sense in making a list of them.