Devise a list of 5-10 courses you would take to improve your life. It’s more fun to be in classes with friends, so include one class from the person who tagged you that you’d also like to take.
Actually, having time to take 5 to 10 courses would in and of itself improve my life, but there are obvious areas where I need to brush up my skills or, in some cases, find enough skills for the brush to reach. The next couple of semesters should look something like this:
- Business 812: Knowing What To Shred, And When
A check from the insurance company should not be on this list.
- Nutrition 1tsp: How To Persuade Someone Else’s Girlfriend That You Can Actually Cook
Requires lab: Not Every Meal Should Incorporate Cream Of Mushroom Soup.
- Nutrition 82/2: Passing Up The Second Plate Of Spaghetti
To hear the doctor tell it, I should pass up the first plate instead.
- Plumbing 5/8: Repairing Things More Complicated Than Toilet Flapper Valves
This is not to say that I would like to be able to, oh, replace a water heater, but I’d just as soon not feel as though I’m at the mercy of the guy (or girl) with the big wrench.
- Psychology 4Q2: Anger Management for Management
No, wait, I should be teaching this one.
- Psychology I2I: How To Disengage Yourself From Unproductive Bullshit
Also on Nina’s list. I suspect this will take more than a single semester.
- Botany 500: Predicting Which Plants Will Die Before Spring
Requires 421: Not Killing Them In The First Place.
- Media 559: How To Vent Less In Your Blog
Also on Nina’s list. I do it here instead.
- Auto Mechanics 427: Knowing At Least As Much As The Service Manager
Which is important if you’d prefer not to write large checks on a regular basis.
- Women’s Studies 101: Introduction
Because obviously I don’t know a damn thing about that half of the human race.
I suspect I’ll get five people to do this even if I don’t call them out by name.