Inevitably, it being still fairly early in the day, this list will include some things I actually learned yesterday, and possibly the day before that. (As George Carlin says, the day after tomorrow is the third day of the rest of your life.)
- Not one major-league pitcher won 20 games this season.
- You can’t trust just anyone to do a proper Brazilian.
- I suppose I’ve never played TI Invaders.
- Apparently I. F. Stone was not getting paid off by the Soviets after all.
- Jesus Camp: not about Jesus, not about camp.
- The Hornets have sold over 12,000 season tickets for their second season in Oklahoma City.
- You’ve seen those Civil War reenactments? How about a reenactment of Brief Encounter?
- The Prophet Mohammed: now available in bobblehead.
- That drug that’s supposed to be “undetectable”? Not.
- And that fish mounted so proudly on the clubhouse wall? Probably fiberglass.
More when I feel like I need to post but don’t actually have any material.