I swiped this from Jennifer Harvey at Thursday Drive. It requires a little work, but not so much, and the results can be amazing.
How it’s done:
- Answer each of the questions below.
- Surf over to Flickr (set up an account if you don’t have one it’s quick and easy) and type your answers (one at a time) into the search bar.
- From the choice of pictures shown only on the front page, click on the one that moves you.
- Once the page with your picture opens, copy the URL.
- Surf over to the Mosaic Maker, set up your mosaic, and paste your URLs.
- Click “Create!”
Here are the questions:
- What is your first name?
- What is your favorite food?
- What high school did you attend?
- What is your favorite color?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- What is your favorite drink?
- Where would you go on your dream vacation?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What do you love most in life?
- Choose one word to describe you.
- Your Flickr name?
You won’t get exact hits all the time, or even most of the time, but that doesn’t matter so much: what you want is something that sums you up, and if there’s an occasional departure from literal truth, well, who’s going to complain? Not me.
Here’s mine (click here for a larger version):
- Charles by night
- Spaghetti junction . .
- The Vigorous Church at Fulbourn
- green spar
- return for refund.
- Ponte vecchio
- homemade berry ice cream
- Hey Unknown! (I want to go there with you)
- The girl from Ipanema
- Ooh look down there a camera!
Some photographers have asked that their photos be withheld from the Mosaic Maker site; I lost one of my originals. It’s easy to swap in a new one, though.