Communications from Infiniti to yours truly have always been somewhat obsequious, the presumption being that an owner of one of these glorified Nissans somehow expects this sort of thing, or at least will respond to the corporate up-suck.
Apparently, though, that’s not enough. Lexus is launching a “lifestyle magazine”:
It is a loyalty and brand-building publication and is mailed for free to anyone who owns or leases a Lexus vehicle. The editorial covers lifestyle, the arts, fine dining and travel, as well as vehicle reviews and test drives of the newest Lexus models. Departments include:
- Lexus News The latest on Lexus’s products, services, owner benefits, and partnerships.
- Lexus Sense Information on timely products and events that will help Lexus owners indulge their senses.
- Spotlight A feature profile on Lexus owners.
- LEXicon Culture Pages A magazine-within-the-magazine dedicated to categories of interest to readers, including Travel, Active Pursuits, Design, Products for Good Living, Cuisine and Philanthropy.
- Sensibility A back-page essay highlighting a notable innovator.
Been there, done that, guys: Ford Times. Not that a guy with a ’61 Galaxie was particularly concerned with indulging his senses.