The McGehee Plan for returning California to the Mexicans begins this way:
1. Anyone in California who wants to retain U.S. citizenship but stay in California, has to be treated every bit as well by the Mexican government as it wants its own illegals in the other 49 states to be treated by the U.S., and
2. Mexico promises never to embark on a nuclear weapons program.
Obviously there have to be more stipulations than this, so let’s see what I can come up with:
- The same diversity rules that applied before the handover would be maintained afterwards: if the DMV office in Torrance, for instance, currently has the driver’s test in Hmong, it would continue to do so.
- There will be no penalty for referring to Baja California as simply “Baja.”
- The Mexicans have to keep Schwarzenegger.
Suggestions are solicited.