We begin with a quote from Dogette:
1. Why do I do these posts with lists and numerical little bits of crap? Why can’t I just post like you’re supposed to in coherent paragraphs of prose? The answers to these and other mysteries, in our next numbered item.
2. I lied.
Personally, I think lists are defensible as blogfodder:
- People occasionally like to look at lists. I have a whole freaking category devoted to lists.
- For that matter, Irving Wallace and his kids put out whole books of lists.
- Sometimes it’s actually easier to come up with a list than a coherent paragraph of prose.
- Provided, of course, you don’t lose count.
But hey, that’s life in Beautiful Downtown Blogdom.