An Extremely, Ltd. service
Copyright © 2018 (except where otherwise indicated) by Charles G. Hill. See further details in Legalese.
Liability is limited to the actual purchase price paid by the consumer or to one-tenth (0.1) mill, whichever is lesser. Motor vehicles used by the Illuminati provided through the kind courtesy of Fnord Motor Company. Persons attempting to uncover so-called “backward-masked” messages herein should be shot. Contents may settle during transmission. Invoice may not reflect actual dealer cost. No specific nutritional claims are made or should be inferred. No electrons were harmed during the construction of this site. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Take only as directed. Management reserves the right to serve refuse to anyone. Offer not good after curfew in Sectors R or N. Any opinions expressed anywhere on this site, unless clearly otherwise specified, are my own. Use of this site in a manner inconsistent with its labeling is not surprising.
“Blogosphere” is a service mark of William Quick.
“Blogeoisie” originated here.
email: chaz at dustbury.com
WordPress plugins used:
- Admin Commenters Comments Count by Scott Reilly.
- Akismet Anti-Spam by Automattic.
- Better Recent Drafts by Jon Lynch.
- Blog Metrics by Joost de Valk.
- Classic Editor by WordPress Contributors.
- Comment Move by Nathan Rijksen.
- Comment Whitelist by Alejandro Carravedo (Blogestudio).
- Different Posts Per Page by MaxBlogPress.
- Easy WP SMTP by wpecommerce, alexanderfoxc.
- Feed Statistics by Christopher Finke.
- Google Sitemap by BestWebSoft by BestWebSoft.
- Live Comment Preview by Brad Touesnard.
- Liz Comment Counter by Ozh by Ozh.
- MaxBlogPress Ping Optimizer by MaxBlogPress.
- No Self Pings by Michael D. Adams.
- Now Reading Redux by Ashod Nakashian.
- Official StatCounter Plugin by Aodhan Cullen.
- Optimize Database after Deleting Revisions by CAGE Web Design | Rolf van Gelder, Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
- Plugins List by David Artiss.
- Simple Social Buttons by WPBrigade.
- SSL Insecure Content Fixer by WebAware.
- Subscribe to Comments Reloaded by WPKube.
- Witty Text by Alexander Malov.
- WP-Ban by Lester 'GaMerZ' Chan.
- WP-Cache.com by Kenth Hagström.
- WP-Memory-Usage by Alex Rabe.
- WP Database Backup by Prashant Walke.
- WP Rollback by Impress.org.
- WP to Twitter by Joseph C Dolson.
- WPtouch Mobile Plugin by WPtouch.
- “I am insanely jealous over his knack for writing catchy headlines.”
— Ravenwood’s Universe
- “Who is he, and how is he qualified?”
- An “elegant mind”
— Ken Layne
- “There’s just something deliciously satisfying about reading something that has actually been thought out in advance, where the words accurately convey not just thought, but also nuance and subtlety.”
— David, Better Living Thru Blogging
- “Good God, I’ve never seen so many meta-pop references on one page!”
— Steve Lafreniere, index magazine
- “I shall crush him as I shall eventually crush Scott Ott.”
— Frank J., IMAO
- “… one of the few bloggers I read who actually can write!”
— Sean Gleeson
- “… a clear-headed grasp of right and wrong, and a sense of poetry.”
— Dawn Eden, Petite Powerhouse
- “… does send-off posts for pop culture figures better than any other blogger I know.”
— Geitner Simmons, Regions of Mind
- “… the dean of Oklahoma bloggers.”
— Michael Bates, Urban Tulsa Weekly
- “I tremble in shame before someone who really knows what blogging is all about.”
— Robb Hibbard, NewsOK.com
- “…an odd, quirky guy that looks like a long-lost uncle.”
— Steve Lackmeyer, NewsOK.com
- “In another era not too long ago, Charles Hill would have been one of those celebrated newspaper columnists who were literally a part of the community’s collective psyche. Think Mike Royko in Chicago, Dave Barry in Miami, Lewis Grizzard in Atlanta — sometimes brilliant, sometimes analytical, usually odd and humorous, sometimes confusing, but always a ‘must read’.”
— Steve Lackmeyer, NewsOK.com
- “I’m not sure how much this blog appeals to me.”
— Liz Ditz, I Speak of Dreams
- “Easily digestible”
— Dan Lovejoy
- “I wish I could do this sort of thing.”
— Terry Teachout
- “Soft-spoken and erudite”
— Rammer, Blog o’RAM
- “… the hypnotic quality of a really gory traffic accident.”
— Francis W. Porretto
- “… an entirely sensible man. Few broad-spectrum Web writers can come near to his grace.”
— Francis W. Porretto (again)
- “… the Blogosphere’s most eligible and least hopeful bachelor.”
— Francis W. Porretto (yet again)
- “… his writings actually make him sound shorter than he really is.”
— AKA Mike Horshead
— Eulalie Shinn
- One of the “Warren Buffets of blogging”
— Mister Snitch!
- “A mere blogger (albeit a very good mere blogger).”
— Joe Goodwin, Play One on TV
- “I honestly don’t know how he finds this stuff. He’s obviously got too much time on his hands.”
— Jeff Shaw, Bounded Rationality
- “… one of the most consistently interesting and eclectic blogs out there.”
- “He’s a machine. Maybe a cyborg, even.”
— Chase McInerney
- “If I weren’t happily married and tied down with all kinds of material debts, I would run off to Nova Scotia with him.”
— Dr. Jan
- “He is the Joe DiMaggio of bloggers; the rest of us are mere Marv Throneberrys.”
— John Salmon
- “His frame of reference on any and every topic you can imagine is more expansive than any library’s reference desk, virtual or human.”
— Jennifer, Open Book
- “Person of the Year” 
- “Never have I received anything even closely resembling a personal reply; his reply emails have, for all the world, a perfunctory and completely hygienic outline to them, copying my questions or comments, adding his answers, then with a frosty CGH closing, he’s gone.”
— The Local Malcontent
- “Don’t know much about him, but the little bird song on the page is sort of endearing.”
— Miss Wisabus
- “1 and 2/3 as witty & insightful as me. And almost half as good looking.”
— Steve B., Tattered Bits of Brain
- “Wish I could conjure up such imagery so effortlessly.”
— Mind-Numbed Robot
- “Charles G. Hill’s constant posts are consistently witty, erudite, thoughtful and … extremely well written. First class, top rate.”
— The McCarville Report Online
- “In a typical week, the sole author, C. G. Hill, might cover social media, automobile tires, basketball, My Little Pony, print magazines, transportation in Oklahoma, women’s shoes, and Zooey Deschanel — all with enviable literary skill and brio.”
— Nancy Friedman
- “Even after hundreds of visits, I always misread it as ‘Dustbunny’.”
— Dr. Weevil
Dedicated to Jessica Jane Stults, who taught me the value of online communication many years ago, and to Anastacia Rachelle Lear, whose own home page, Kitiara’s Palace, served as my first object lesson in the fine art of home-page construction.
If you’re drawing a blank so far, you may have me confused with someone else.
Theresa Marie Schindler-Schiavo
“We are born crying, live complaining, and die disappointed.”
— Thomas Fuller, M.D. (1654-1734)